Sunday, March 29, 2009

I have a new wellness commando

I have been so completely busy for the last several days that not only have I not had time to write on any of my blogs, but I've not even had time to relax. Apparently Kirby put the word out that an intervention was needed. Reinforcements were called in.

This afternoon my husband and I were so tired that we fell asleep on the couch. Unfortunately, he had to get up and go to work...leaving me behind in a vulnerable heap. I kept going through all my mental lists of things I have to do and was quickly feeling overwhelmed.

Commander Kirby immediately began strategic maneuvers. She got into position on the couch next to me. At her current size, that basically means that she took up our entire full size couch and still had to put her head in my lap. Her big, floppy, warm head. It was tranquilizing. And then...reinforcements arrived. Corporal Caesar the cat appeared. He enjoys sleeping in the little man fort he's created for himself in my closet, so when he pokes his handsome orange head out I pay attention. He wasted no time jumping onto the couch and then climbing up onto my chest. He weighs 17 pounds. No way was I getting up with Caesar parked on my chest. Kirby let out a long, peaceful sigh as if to say "Mission Accomplished."

When I woke up an hour later, I was covered in orange cat fur and there was still a giant dog head in my lap. But I felt better...refreshed, even. And I usually hate naps. But Miss Kirby knew better than me today and I can't help but be grateful to my new "wellness commando" and her furry co-conspirator. There seems to be no limit to what this girl can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment